We were delighted to unveil our new playground equipment on Monday 20th February with a special opening ceremony, attended by PTA members, Governors and Quentin Webb, chair of the Vibrant Villages Trust. Everyone watched as pupils from Y6 and Y2 cut the ribbons. This is a huge achievement and the culmination of years of past and present PTA fundraising, together with grants from the Big Lottery fund and from the Greenham Common Trust. The children have really enjoyed exploring the new equipment and it is clear how much it has already enhanced their playtimes.
Our School Catering Company, ISS recently held a competition for children to design a “Perfectly Plated School Lunch”. The winner was Tilly in Y4, and on Tuesday 29th November 2016 her lunch was on the menu for everyone to enjoy.
The winning menu was: Roast Lamb, roast potatoes, carrots and green beans or vegetable stir fry wrap.
Congratulations to Tilly!
Congratulations to Bradfield CE (VA) Primary School who are ending this half term on top of the world following a comprehensive ‘Good’ rating after their OFSTED inspection on the 4th and 5th of May.
Headteacher, Mrs Slade Nowell said, ‘We are delighted that the report identified these splendid features of our school:
“The Headteacher, supported by highly skilled governors, strives to ensure that all pupils reach the highest possible standards within a caring and happy atmosphere; Leaders and governors are highly ambitious and have high expectations for staff and pupils; Pupils work hard and make good progress to reach standards that are above average at the end of year 6; All pupils have equal opportunities to succeed; There is a good variety of extra activities, including residential visits, which add to pupils’ enjoyment of school; Teachers constantly check on pupils while they are working and provide clear guidance to address misconceptions, and so pupils make good progress; Skilled teaching assistants work in close cooperation with teachers and so provide the right kind of support to meet pupils’ needs; Staff have created a warm and nurturing environment in which pupils feel safe and secure; Pupils get off to a good start in the early years. They make good progress across all areas of learning because teaching is effective. The Early Years leader… has created a stimulating environment in which children feel safe and behave well”.
This wonderful outcome has been achieved through the hard work and dedication of all the staff, children, parents, governors, Church, local community, the Local Authority and the Diocese of Oxford. It has been a real team effort.
Prospective parents and visitors are always welcome at Bradfield Primary School. If you think that Bradfield is the school for you, we would be delighted to show you round. Please contact the school office on 01189744304 for more details.
- It is a parent’s responsibility to make sure that their child is protected from the sun by applying an all-day sun cream to them before school and to send them with hats to wear when outside.
- All children should have water bottles in school which will then be taken outside during PE lessons and break times.
- If children have no hats and it is a particularly hot sunny day they will be kept inside during lunchtime and therefore out of the harmful sun’s rays.
- Children will be encouraged to seek shade and take regular rests in the shade during break times, and during PE lessons.
- Children will be encouraged to have regular drinks of water.
- If a child does not have his/her own water bottle there is fresh drinking water available every lunchtime in the school hall, and at other times in all classrooms.
- If a child does not have a hat for a PE lesson the school will have a bank of spare hats which will be lent out for the session.
- All staff (including visiting staff) will be made aware of the importance of keeping children safe in the sun, and will be reminded of these procedures regularly.